Friday 24 April 2015

A Deep and Wet Adventure in the Bush.......



We went on an adventure to the pond. I love the pond. Tis often a very peaceful place to sit and watch the world go by. I love to see the moorhens and the grebe nesting and stuff and the terrapins basking in the sun. I love to see the koi coming up to the top to see what's going on. Usually me peering back taking their pictures. Last week we thought how nice now spring is here to spend some time at the pond and see what is springing up. It was beautiful. And spring stuff was springing up everywhere. Dangerous time spring- buds are shooting and the cow slips about! Here was no exception and it was busy with the usual strollers and photographers and the odd knob who thinks its ok to feed the birds bread (It's not). When suddenly all we could hear were the voices of two rather noisy old ladies coming from yonder bushes. They were quite excitable so we know they weren't being hurt or murdered- unless that was their particular thing. We didn't hear any whips cracking- just a few knee caps. We guessed Mr Gray was not in attendance. Although I think mines Mr Husband was very curious as to what two old ladies were doing in the bush. They got louder and closer and then we spied them. It seems they were exploring in the bush. With backpacks. They made a beeline for me. They didn't need to- I don't like beelines. It turns out they had just found this 'lovely peaceful place', they shouted for the world and his wife at the pond to hear. We heard how they had parked their car in the 'forest' (I am not sure if they meant to or are even supposed to- but who am I to judge- you gotta park where you can find a space these days) and how they had found this place by accident (despite having a leaflet in their possession telling them all about the place) and how thrilled they were to be here in this lovely 'peaceful place', full of beautiful things. Of course they were too be busy disturbing the peace to see the beautiful things. Mines Mr husband slipped into tour guide mode and pointed out various things of beauty around the pond and this seemed to excite them further. It's quite like him to excite a old lady or two. And he so loves to help old ladies. It's a flight safety thing. I think they are trained in it. Also he likes people to know he is quite knowledgeable. Then they mentioned what a lovely 'peaceful place' this is. 'Well it was' I said- 'then you two loud mouth gob shites appeared'. Mines Mr Husband carried on with news of the koi carp and the king fisher.  But they weren't really listening. Good job he was. I asked them if they thought the pond itself looked nice. 'Very nice' they enthused, 'Very peaceful'.  Then, I am sorry to say this guys, (but not very) I said 'Yes it is and very deep and very wet' and then my hands slipped and I pushed them in. On the way down into the water I told them all about the shark who was just waiting for feeding time. (I am sure I saw one in there one day and it is a place where people abandoned unwanted pets- fact). Ye never seen two old ladies swim so fast in all ye life. They clambered out the other side covered in pond weed and as they stood there gasping for air and looking a tad confused I called across the pond- 'and look out for ye old bear lurking behind that tree'. (I know he does because I found ye old bear shit there and ye old bears always shit behind the trees- that's how you can tell the front of the tree from the back- fact - mines mother told me that). I do hope they had spare knickers in thems back packs. Mines Mr Husband stood there with his mouth open for the longest time. On the plus side he didn't need feeding when I got him home. 'Shut thee mouth there's a bus coming' I said. 'Now that', he said, 'in a nice peaceful Devon location- I don't believe. I can swallow the bear and the shark but not the bus'. I said 'With thee gob open that wide thas can swallow all three'. I wonder if they two old ladies ended up with a parking ticket?

No comments:

Post a Comment