Sunday 27 September 2015

Cockle on a Rock

Hello me ol' beauties. I am back from mines holidays in the wonderful Bude. Today I am going to tell you all about the adventure we had at the beautiful Hartland Quay and Speke Mills Waterfall-

T'was a bit of trek for my poor body but mines Mr Husband worked out how far it was to get there. T'was the same amount as back. We had a bit of a conflab because he wouldn't let me take me mobility walker - he said 'Ye can't take that ye little fruitcake - it be a narra, windy and rocky path up the side of a steep cliff'. I protested 'what if I needs a sit down'. Undeterred he said 'ye shall have to sit on the cliff edge'. So up we went. T'was worth the walk and worth the pain - the views were magnificent all the way up- well I was in front of him. The views I had over the sea were equally magnificent. When we found the falls we were in photograph heaven. I took pictures every which way I could. 



We stood breathing in the beauty of it. I looked at an adjacent cliff (look at me using big words an all)- I said to mines Mr Husband 'that would be a lovely cliff to photograph this from'. He looked. 'Ah', he said , T'would indeed- but far to high and far too dangerous to climb'. I sighed. I carried on photographing this way and that- with this camera and that. Then I looked across at the adjacent cliff again (there I go again!) and I spied a little man on the very top perched like a cockle on a rock.



 I said to Mines Mr Husband 'look at the cockmuppet on the top of the dangerously high cliff- there's always one cockmuppet who puts hiself in danger'. He never bothered to answer. Sometimes he doesn't answer me. He pretends he can't hear me. Then he says 'you speak too softly'. Then usually I say 'the's wanna wash ye ears out'. But sometimes, like this time, he just pretends he didn't hear me. I carried on taking photos of the waterfall. And a field with all black sheep in. Feckin brilliant idea if ye ask me. That way no-one feels the odd one out. Round all the black sheeps up and put them in one field- bit like my face book page. I turned around to point out the black sheeps to Mines Mr Husband- and there he was - GONE! Oh my days. I couldn't see him anywhere. I peered over edges of cliffs and I couldn't see him. There was no trees for him to hide behind. Then I looked up at the adjacent, steep and dangerous cliff (and again!!) and I pointed my camera at the top and zoomed in- Oh Lordy Lordy! I couldn't believe mines eyes. T'was mines Mr Husband- mines very own cockmuppet doing an impression of a cockle on a rock on the very top of the steep and dangerous cliff. He looked very concerned and very worried. Well who wouldn't be?. I thought 'oh feck- he doesn't know how to get down'. So I ran around in a little circle whilst I thought what to do. Then I shouted - 'who's thee next of kin? Where did ye put the insurance policy?' And then I shouted 'throw the car keys down to me'. Well I didn't wanna be stuck there all feckin night now did I? Then I thought 'Calm down, calm down- what do other people do when their cockmuppet gets stuck at the top of a steep and dangerous cliff?' I thought hard and then it was like someone switched a light on in me little head. I reached in me pocket and got me phone out. 'Take it for emergencies' mines Mr Husband had said before we left. This was just such and emergency. And that mines friends is how I managed to get the video of him coming down the cliff on his arse like a toddler coming down the stairs.............Suffice to say he had to change his trousers when he got to bottom- they was all covered in feckin mud! Sadly can't upload video to here because its too big- bit like the cliff top that mines Mr Husband sat upon!



No comments:

Post a Comment