Friday 1 January 2016

New Years Din and Gin...............



A little New Years ditty I did write for all ye hungovers peoples!

T'was the morning after the night before
And not an adult was yet stirring
For they had all been celebrating New Year
And they had drunk far too much
All their heads were sore to the touch!
All the kids were lively, more lively than ever before
So little Susie, Little George and Tiny Jimmy
Started Dropping tins and spoons upon the floor!
'Play with me Mummy, Play with me Daddy-
You be the good guy and I'll be the Baddy'.
Poor Mummy, Poor Daddy.
'Go Away Susie, Go Away George and take little Jimmy,
Leave us in peace, Watch the Telly,
Watch Shaun the Sheep and little Timmy'.

So off they trot and T.V on they put,
Loud and Crisp and Clear,
Loud enough for all the street to hear!
For at last nights party the T.V remote did disappear.
T'was fat Uncle Matt who sat upon the cat
After too much cake and beer
And now the remote was stuck up right up his crack.
All the mummies and all the daddies
How they tossed and turned and moaned and groaned
'OH gawd me head, me head'
And all the children cried
'Oh mummy, Daddy - are you dead?'

They poked, they prodded, tickled and slapped
Poor mummy and daddy to rouse
'Don't leave us alone in the house'.
They shouted and laughed and they screamed and they clapped
Til slowly rose mummy and then grumpy dad.
The room it whirred round and round
Until it looked like, just overnight, the kids had multiplied.
'My stomach is turning oh far too fast and My head is doing much the same- I think I am on a fairground ride'.
'And me, and me' in unison the kids all cried
'I want a fairground ride'.


All day they were sent to play with their toys
'And don't ye going making too much noise-
George don't bang that drum and Susie please not the bell,
And Jimmy don't cry- ye are the baby from hell'.
By the end of the day T'was all wearing thin.
The kids were exhausted and all were done in.
Tucked into their beds three sleepy heads.
But Mummy and Daddy was sure they had six.
Now feeling better to Daddy Mummy Said
'Oh Bert, Never Again'
Said Daddy to Mummy
'There still some drink left, lets not quit'
And he handed her a tonic - laced with some Gin.
©Elisabeth Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment